Antique collecting is a popular hobby in Toronto, with collectors always on the lookout for the latest trends in the market. From vintage furniture and decor to retro pop culture items, there is no shortage of interesting antiques to be found in the city. In this article, we will be exploring the top five trends in antique collecting in Toronto. Whether you are a seasoned pro or new to the world of antique collecting, these trends offer something for everyone.
So without further ado, let’s dive in and see what’s hot in the world of antique collecting in Toronto.
- Mid-Century Modern Mid-Century Modern design has been gaining popularity in recent years, and this trend has made its way into the world of antique collecting as well. Collectors in Toronto are on the lookout for vintage furniture and decor from the 1950s and 1960s, including pieces by famous designers such as Eames and Herman Miller.
- Art Deco Art Deco, with its bold lines and geometric shapes, is another style that is highly sought after by antique collectors in Toronto. From jewelry to furniture, Art Deco pieces are a hot commodity in the city’s antique market.
- Retro Pop Culture Toronto collectors are also showing an interest in retro pop culture items, such as vintage toys and collectibles from the 1970s and 1980s. This includes everything from Star Wars action figures to vintage video game consoles.
- Indigenous Art and Crafts Indigenous art and crafts are gaining recognition and appreciation in the antique collecting world, and Toronto is no exception. Collectors are seeking out authentic Indigenous pieces such as baskets, carvings, and beadwork, as well as vintage photographs and documents related to Indigenous history.
- Sustainable Antiques As concerns about the environment continue to grow, there is an increasing trend in Toronto towards sustainable antique collecting. This includes repurposing and upcycling vintage items, as well as seeking out antiques made from sustainable materials or produced using environmentally-friendly methods.
In conclusion, antique collecting in Toronto is a vibrant and exciting hobby with a wide range of trends to explore. From the bold lines of Art Deco design to the sustainable antique movement, there is something for every collector in the city. Whether you are looking for unique pieces to add to your collection or simply want to learn more about the rich history and culture of antique collecting, Toronto is the perfect place to do it. So if you’re an antique enthusiast, be sure to keep an eye out for these top trends and see what treasures you can find.